Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

May 3rd, 2022 02:00

DRM 3.4.1.810 Service not starting/Working Ubuntu 20.04

Hi all,

To bring contribution:

We had a DRM 3.3.2 running but not compliant with VSAN7 Catalogs.
Then we updated to 3.4.0 and DRM ser'vice 3.4.0 wasn't running... BUT we still succeeded login to DRMGUI.

We had been inform by DRM gui there's a new 3.4.1 version. Then we updated from ,3.4.0 to 3.4.1.810.

DRM service is not running too in this version, BUT we can't connect anymore to the DRM GUI...

Then I rebuilt a fresh new Ubuntu 20.04 VM to install a fresh 3.4.1.810 DRM on it, but it is still the same....
DRMService is not installed at the end of a basic installation, and of course not running.
If we installed the DRM Service with the DRMServiceInstall.sh script, systemd is lauching the DRMService unit but crash as it service is not able to connect to the database as it is complaining lockbock generated file is corrupted when trying to get credential for the DB.....
My ubuntu is in US-EN_UTF8 locale, but this is the same whatever locale is set.....

Is there someone from DELL who could help to make it work on a linux ubuntu 20.04 ? 

1 Message

May 17th, 2022 07:00

Hi,

I've got it running with a ubuntu 22.04. Since I'm located in Germany, I've set up the system with the same locale as you, but of course with a different keyboard. After a fresh install the DRM works, but don not forget to give the user drmuser a home directory, otherwise you won't be able to store data. Then you can start the DRM, set up your repository, download the files and build the ISOs as needed. But: This only works with a fresh install of the DRM. After a reboot the DRM service doesn't work any more. So the way to go is: Uninstall DRM, reinstall DRM and start from fresh. Then you can build the next bunch of ISOs.

To put it mildly for the developers of this piece of software: There is plenty of room of improvement...

27 Posts

June 9th, 2022 12:00

Hi, DRM 3.4.2 is going to be webposted, and the auto update will also suggest the update.

Among the fix : localized OS are supported.

As of now, languages other than EN us or EN UK are not supported.

No Events found!