Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

July 24th, 2018 08:00

DRM 3 Catalog Not Up to Date with latest firmwares for R510

The catalog for DRM 3 doesn't have the latest firmware for the R510 or R710. Both have had new BIOSs released within the last month but the catalog DRM 3 still has 1.12/6.4 respectively.

As far as I can tell from the last updated timestamp on the full sized SUU disks they haven't been updated in some time either.

How am I supposed to update a Non-Windows system if the SUU disks either created through DRM 3 or downloaded from Dell's support pages are so out of date with the current firmware releases?

• 

8.5K Posts

July 24th, 2018 10:00

Ok, in repository manager click the import button at the top and choose the bios file you just downloaded and you can manually add it to the repository for creating the suu.

• 

8.5K Posts

July 24th, 2018 09:00

Hi,

You can boot to the lifecycle controller with F10 and manually run the updates using the Windows version even on non windows OSes. https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=PYCXX

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

The LifeCycle controller only accepts an local Drive/SUU ISO, FTP server or network share.

I can't use FTP or network share because the onboard NICs do not have access to a network that can get those files.

The SSU ISO doesn't appear to have the latest firmwares based on the last updated time stamp (correct me if this is not accurate). 

If you can point me to details that tell me how to create my own SUU disk with my own catalog the LifeCycle controller can read then maybe I can build my own that has the latest firmwares.

But I don't get why Dell doesn't update the online catalogs for DRM and the downloadable SUU ISOs with the latest versions in a timely manner so I don't have to jump through these hoops.

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

I've mounted the ISO with the files, selected the drive and entered the filename to the BIOS file in the "Catalog Location or Update Package path" field but it continues to tell me "File not found or accessible".

• 

8.5K Posts

Download the windows package https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05020742M/1/R510_BIOS_PYCXX_WN32_1.14.0.EXE and put it on a usb stick or CD and point to that file.

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

July 24th, 2018 11:00

Thank you, that got me going.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but an update to the SUU ISO and DRM catalogs would be nice!

No Events found!