Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 31st, 2014 08:00

DRM and C6220 (series) in DRM 1.9.0.151

All,

The C Series servers don't seem to be listed in DRM  ? Or am I missing a trick ?

July 31st, 2014 23:00

Tim,

This information comes from the catalog loaded in DRM. Have you loaded the Dell online catalog? Please try using the catalog from SUU.

21 Posts

August 1st, 2014 12:00

I have synced DRM with the Dell Online Catalog and tried pointed my local repository to an extracted SUU ISO (Application, Settings, Source Repository path to extracted SUU_14.07.00_A00.iso, ) if that’s what you mean.

Still no C series servers listed, is that because they don’t have a Lifecycle controller ?

August 4th, 2014 04:00

Some of the updates are present in the SUU catalog. Please open the local source repository which you have set and look for these updates - R7FK6, 2X4NR, 39Y67 and NYHRG.

21 Posts

August 5th, 2014 03:00

BTW why can't I see your posts ?

Reply by DELL-Sindhu KM

Some of the updates are present in the SUU catalog. Please open the local source repository which you have set and look for these updates - R7FK6, 2X4NR, 39Y67 and NYHRG.

I searched my local SUU repository

R7FK6 etc all seem to be SAS Firmware ? I am looking for update for C series servers..

August 5th, 2014 04:00

Which component are you looking to update in the C Series server? You could download updates for those components from Dell Support site, import into DRM and create your own custom SUU. I can provide you the detailed procedure if that helps.

21 Posts

August 5th, 2014 11:00

>

Reply by DELL-Sindhu KM

Which component are you looking to update in the C Series server? You could download updates for those components from Dell Support site, import into DRM and create your own custom SUU. I can provide you the detailed procedure if that helps.

All of them, I expected the DRM list to include the C Series and let me create an .ISO to update BIOS, Firmwares etc etc

14 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 20:00

Hello.

We have 4 x Dell C6220 servers. However, I could not able to create the SUU or boot-able CD/DVD from Repository Manager v2.2.0.614 , because our C6220 server is not in the repository Catalog.

Could you please kindly send me instructions on how to do this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sincerely,

Mike

54 Posts

October 5th, 2016 03:00

C6220 is not supported in dell catalog. C6320 onwards is supported.
You may try search dell support site feature.
DRM>Source>Search Dell Support Site>Cloud Products>C6220.
Then export to a repository

Thanks
Shabu

14 Posts

October 5th, 2016 04:00

By the way, the DRM documentation:

www.dell.com/.../SLN292635

... Figure 15, has the option to "Bottable ISO (Using Linux Bundle)" or "Eport as SUU". However, my DRM only have options to either "Export updates to a new repository".. Create new bundle, or Export Bundles to Light Weight Deployment Pack (LWDP Output:)

14 Posts

Hi, Shabu.

Thanks for letting me know. I did your same thing and was able export to a repository yesterday. However, I don't know which is the correct way of doing this. What exactly I need to do next? What is the exact step by step instructions please, in order to create a bootable CD or DVD so I can boot off from the C6220 server to update the bios/firmware, etc..?

Thanks,

Mike

54 Posts

Please upgrade your product to the latest version. DRM 2.2 is available.

After exporting it into a fresh repository.

Open the repository.

and component view.

Select the required components.

create a bundle ("Copy to" button and choose create a new bundle in same repository)

Choose your platform C6220 after that export the repository to SUU and you can run the SUU on the machine to update.

Thanks

Shabu

14 Posts

October 12th, 2016 18:00

Hi, Shabu.

I tried your suggested instructions and was able to create the SUU but then I couldn't boot to it and it gave me some error. Please help me! This is what I did to our C6220 server node#1, and got an error with the BIOS now not seeing the BMC or IPMI...

Here are my details questions/problems. Please spare a moment. Thank you very much in advance!

1/ How may I change the server's name, and IPMI name?

2/ BIOS/Firmware updates: This is what I have done thus far, and now having issue with the BIOS not seeing the BMC:

(a) I tried creating SBUU from Dell Repository Manager and was able to create the DVD but then it isn't bootable.

(b) Because I was unable to create a bootable SBUU, therefore I decided to install Windows 2008 R2 to one of our older hard drive and booted from our Node#1 first, downloaded and updated these from support.dell.com, on to node#1:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

- BIOS 2.5.3 (file name: BIOS_YR4WF_WN64_2.5.3)
-BMC Firmware 2.53 (file name: ESM_Firmware_Y4DVN_WN32_2.53)

(c) AFTER successfully updated BMC firmware 2.5.3, the BIOS settings does not see BMC and/or IPMI. What should I do? I tried updating older version of BMC firmware v2.25 (ESM_Firmware_V4DTW_WN32_2.25.EXE) but it said incompatible and thus, failed! I also don't know how to uninstall v2.53. What is the best and simplest way to fix this problem?

NOTE: every time booting the server, it display message "configuring memory" for at least a few minutes. It used to be pretty fast before all the updates.

(d) Do I need to update firmware in any order? This article said for the C6000 (NOT specifically C6220) states we must 1/ update FCB once for on the 4th node first; then 2/ BMC and BIOS once per node.

github.com/.../server-dell-cseries-c6220

(e) Do I need updating anything else beside FCB, BMC, and BIOS? Which are the important/critical that must be updated?

I browsed and saw this Dell Support Live Image link:

www.dell.com/.../support-live-image

... and was able to download and successfully boot this CD, however, but it does not contain any BIOS, Firmware, drivers etc, to update. It only have DSET utility but when opening the report it asks for a password.

Please shed some light! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Mike

14 Posts

October 13th, 2016 16:00

To make a long story short, and to revise my questions to be a lot simpler. This is what I need please!

1/ How to change server's name, and IPMI name?

2/ How to revert BMC firmware back to version 1.2 or before the update to 2.53?

3/ Why is the BMC v2.53 on Dell Support site isn't working? I successfully updated, but now displaying at boot as version FF.FFF, and "Not Found" in BIOS and therefore I am unable to setup IPMI?

4/ Does the server needs to be updated in a certain order? The mentioned article: github.com/.../server-dell-cseries-c6220, is showing the C6000 (NOT specially ours C6220).. FCB (Fan Controller) must be updated once for the 4th node first; then BMC and BIOS once per node.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Mike

14 Posts

October 13th, 2016 19:00

or maybe the problem is the latest BIOS and not the BMC, or botth? This is the BIOS I updated too:

Dell PowerEdge C6220 / C6220 II BIOS Version 2.5.3
Dell PowerEdge C6220/ C6220 II BMC firmware 2.53

www.dell.com/.../drivers

14 Posts

October 17th, 2016 12:00

Anyone? Please? If there's anyway to revert or downgrade the BMC firmware version to its original?

Thanks!

No Events found!