Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 11th, 2016 13:00

Error importing the Dell Online Catalog

I have been trying to use RepoMan all day but I keep getting this error:

Dell Repository Manager | Import error

There was an error importing the Dell Online Catalog.

Please check logs for more details.

The logs seem to indicate that the FTP site is down or not functioning properly? Not sure.

11-05-2016 13:49:20     Download:downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab.signThe remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName) at DownloadManager.NetUtils.DownloadHttpsFile(String sourceurl, String localpath) in Libraries\DownloadManager\netutils.cs:line 617

11-05-2016 13:49:20     Download:downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab.signThe remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName) at DownloadManager.NetUtils.DownloadHttpFile(String sourceurl, String localpath) in Libraries\DownloadManager\netutils.cs:line 567

11-05-2016 13:49:21     Download:downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab.signThe remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName) at DownloadManager.NetUtils.DownloadFtpFile(String sourceurl, String localpath) in Libraries\DownloadManager\netutils.cs:line 590

11-05-2016 13:49:21     Downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab'DownloadBase.CheckSecurity: Line 297

Can anyone confirm whether this is something on Dell's end or not? I have used this tool before (it's been a few months since my last use) and it worked fine. If this is on Dell's end is there somewhere on the Dell site (or some other way) to verify if ftp.dell.com is working or not? I seem to be able to browse the ftp directory but those log messages seem to indicate something is missing or not functioning properly. I know from previous experience the ftp site can be a bit flaky but not sure if there is a good way to test it other than trying RepoMan over and over.

1 Message

May 12th, 2016 00:00

Hi,

I'm having the same problem too. Not able to download catalog

4 Posts

May 12th, 2016 04:00

Looks like there is a file missing:

12-05-2016 11:41:43 Download:downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab.signThe remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
at DownloadManager.NetUtils.DownloadFtpFile(String sourceurl, String localpath) in Libraries\DownloadManager\netutils.cs:line 590
12-05-2016 11:41:44 Downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab'DownloadBase.CheckSecurity: Line 297

"http://downloads.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab.sign"  is 404ing.

Browsing "downloads.dell.com/catalog" show the directory with other files having .sign files. The catalog.cab file is there, but now catalog.cab.sign files.

I guess the catalog.cab file has been updated but someone has forgotten to put the .sign file there....

December 9th, 2016 09:00

You ever get this to work?

Whenever I try this tool, fails miserably.

No Events found!