Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2016 03:00

InvColPC 7.1.1.0 missing

Hello,

we are using the repository Manager 2.1 and the dell command update 2.1.1

If we are running the command update 2.1.1 on a client device with parameter /policy and /log we get the error message in the log that InvColPC_7.1.0.1 was found and InvColPC_7.1.1.0 is needed.

command update is trying to download the file from FOLDER03443119M/1/InvColPC_7.1.1.0.exe in our Catalog frolder. but this folder did not exist and i can not find any InvColPC_7.1.1.0 on the dell website.

In the program folder the InvColPC 7.1.0.1 exists. on the dell website i can find the version InvColPC_7.0.46.1.exe

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thanks and Greeting

EDIT: Problem solved - i downloaded the file manually from http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03443119M/1/ and created a folder FOLDER03443119M/1 on my local catalog folder and placed the InvColPC_7.1.1.0 in here. Now the client find the InvColPC_7.1.1.0.exe and all is working fine...

January 20th, 2016 21:00

Hi,

InvColPC.exe available in the folder path mentioned in catalog  

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03443119M/1/InvColPC_7.1.1.0.exe

It should be automatically downloaded using Dell Command Update and don't try to download the file manually. Can you please provide the DCU activity log to find the failure cause. 

thanks,

Palani Raja

6 Posts

January 20th, 2016 23:00

Hi Palani,

thanks for the reply. Where can i find the dcu activity log? is this the log which is created if i run dcu-cli.exe with the parameter /log?

We are using a proxy to connect to the internet. Maybe thats the problem? is the dell command update using the IE proxy setting?

Greeting
Steffen

January 21st, 2016 05:00

Hi Steffen,

If  "Use current internet proxy settings" set in DCU then it will use current internet proxy settings available on the system.

Please refer DCU User Guide for more information.

thanks,

Palani Raja 

6 Posts

January 21st, 2016 06:00

Hi Palani,

i already read the complete document. Maybe i have to explain our configuration.

We created a local catalog/repository with the repository manager. This catalog is on a fileshare.

Our DCU client is configured with a policy.xml. In this policy is the fileshare for the catalog defined. we dont use a dell ftp catalog, only our own catalog.

If i run DCU with commandline dcu-cli.exe the client figured out that he is using the InvCol version 7.1.01 and he is trying to download the 7.1.1.0 version from our fileshare.
In the repository manager i dont find any InvCol Version to add it to our catalog/repository.

The only soluton was to download the 7.1.1.0 versoin from dell, create a folder FOLDER03443119M in our catalog and place in this folder the InvCol 7.1.1.0 version.

Now the client find the Folder and needed InvCol Version and all works fine.

How can i find the InvCol exe in the repository manager (dell online catalog) and add this file to my local repository?

We have only on "location" added to our clients - they only look in the local repository on the fileshare and not to the dell ftp catalog.

Greeting
Steffen

January 22nd, 2016 01:00

Steffen,

Only dell ftp catalog will have the InvCol information.

Currently DRM will not have any InvCol.exe. We will take forward this to DRM team.

thanks,

Palani Raja

No Events found!