Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2013 11:00

Repository Manager, exporting entire catalog as "Raw Driver Packs".

In Dell Repository  Manager (Business Client Version), I am looking for a way to export all of the drivers in a catalog to a location as "Raw Driver Packs".  I have seen some documentation from earlier versions (1.5 and earlier, I believe) that says you can export files, but I do not see a way to do that in the current version.  I do not see the option to export anywhere.  See here, page 20 to see what I am referring to.

Additionally, does anyone know if it is possible to automate the Repository Manager checking in, downloading new Components, then exporting the raw drivers in this fashion?

The main goal is to create a local driver repository that can be used with the DevicePath registry key so that newly imaged machines can find drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

December 23rd, 2013 21:00

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for writing on the forum. Regret to inform, Business Client version of Dell Repository Manager (DRM) doesn't support Raw Driver Pack export as of now (DRM 1.8) though it is supported in the Data Center Version. And to my knowledge though automatic search can be scheduled using DRM (Scheduled Search from Support Site), exporting them as raw drivers isn't something DRM provides.

Pls do have a look at the Driver Cabs released which comes closest to helping the problem you are trying to solve. I'll get back with more info about the cabs and any automation possible around them

Thanks,

Krishna

December 27th, 2013 14:00

Krishna,

Thank you for the reply.  I took a look at the Driver Cabs and I agree that those may be more helpful.  The issue with them is that I do not see a way of downloading all Driver Cabs at once, and there is no way to have new ones download automatically.  It would be great if you had any information on how we could overcome those two issues.  Otherwise, I think I may be writing a vbscript to extract all the .exes that the Dell Repository Manager downloads.  It is a shame that the removed this functionality from DRM.

Thanks again for your help.

December 27th, 2013 23:00

Hi Morgan,

I understand that those issues are making using the updates more cumbersome. While a catalog for CABs which is under development will solve the 1st issue whenever it is available, the second could be solved by scheduling a run on the same (catalog). But till it is available, this is one of the links around which a script should do the job: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-driver-cab-files-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment.aspx. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Krishna

No Events found!