Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2011 02:00

1.25gb gtx 560 ti. is it really what it is?

the core clock speed of the card as advertised on geforce is 822mhz. but from the programmes i used to check, i got 732 mhz. is it the inaccuracy of my programmes or is the core clock speed of the card really below what is advertised?

872 Posts

October 5th, 2011 04:00

17 Posts

October 5th, 2011 05:00

the thing is when i bought the card with dell, there was no mention at all about the oem version. furthermore, the advertised core clock speed is on the geforce website, not some fan site or something haha. but do you know if its oem or not?

872 Posts

October 5th, 2011 06:00

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 5th, 2011 06:00

OEM cards will have a DPN aka Dell Part Number Label on them.  Dell Sells both retail and OEM parts.

The lower the clock speed the more reliable the gpu and longer life.   Overclocking reduces the life of components.

17 Posts

October 5th, 2011 07:00

so can i get a replacement? like trading my oem in for the retail one?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 5th, 2011 07:00

Dell and NVIDIA differentiate between OEM and Retail.

Dell Does not mark up OEM cards with Brand Name.

The OEM versions even at the same clock speed could be slower due to fewer cores .

However 320 vs 256 bit Memory Interface may make up the difference.

NVidia Does not seem to want you to compare directly Side by Side.

Individual Makers Use their own Spec.  Some Like BFG and others Clock them Higher.

320 Bit Cards VS 256 Bit cards WILL BE Faster.  64 Bit cards tend to be 4x or more Slower than

256 Bit cards and 2x or more slower than 128 Bit cards.  Don't be fooled by the Mhz Myth.

152 GB/1464 Clock vs 128 GB/1645 Clock ( Note 1464/2=732 which is the OEM spec)  (1645/2=822 Non OEM Spec)

Clock Speed is not as important as 320 Bit Vs 256 Bit GPU memory.  There are too many parameters to say that

More Mhz = Better Performance.   64 bit Vs 128 Bit Vs 256 Bit Vs 384 Bit tends to make MORE of a difference

balanced by the number of CUDA cores etc.

NVIDIA Disclaimer

Note: The below specifications represent this GPU as incorporated into NVIDIA's reference graphics card design.

Graphics card specifications may vary by Add-in-card manufacturer.

Please refer to the Add-in-card manufacturers' website for actual shipping specifications.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 5th, 2011 08:00

The Texture Fill Rate is lower for the OEM card and the 352 CUDA cores vs 384 is also an issue.  While this does make a difference I would not venture to say that the Retail card is 5X or 10X faster.  In many things other than Benchmarks and other smoke and mirrors the difference in speed may not be worth mentioning.  If someone said that the retail card is 63 percent faster I would tend to think this was plausible but not in a linear sense aka 32.2 x 1.63 =52.486

For Some Games in some situations the visual difference will be measurable but not perceptible to the naked eye.

In no way shape or form would I say that this card is a "BAD CARD" or a "SLOW CARD" or "UNACCEPTABLE PERFORMANCE CARD".

All things being equal Its fine, it will work well, and in a few years it will again seem slow. I remember when the Radeon 9800 Pro AGP was the High end card now its much further down the scale.

In 3 years or less there may be a new Card on the block.:emotion-4:

The Cost is too high right now but I would expect GPU makers to start putting 2 and 4 and more GPU's on a single card with 4 gigs of GDDR5 etc.

Those kinds of cards along with the 6 GPU motherboards like the ASUS Super Computer

P6T7 WS SuperComputer

Ultimate Supercomputing Solution for CUDA Parallel Programming

• Intel® Core™ i7 Processor and Xeon® processor supported
  • Nvidia® nForce 200 X2
  • CUDA Parallel computing supported
  • 7 PCI-E Gen2 x16 IO onboard
  • NVIDIA Geforce 4 way SLI Support

P6T7 WS SuperComputer - ASUS

www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=9ca8hJfGz483noLk

872 Posts

17 Posts

wow thanks! so in terms of performance, both cards should not have much difference? but from what i see, of the 4 gpu system specs, the non oem version is higher for all. but, the one dell offers has 1280mb memory compared to 1gb on the non oem, does that difference in mem make a lot of difference?

No Events found!