Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2016 12:00

1: Analog Input cannot display this video mode

Okay, so I looked for some answers involving this but nothing seems to quite fit my issue. I woke up this morning, turned on my computer and after some loading it stopped just short of the log in screen and told me that it couldn't display the video mode.

Now, I'm not sure what's happened here. I haven't done anything to the computer recently, and currently I'm running my computer in safe mode, which works. I tried to hook another monitor, but they both have the same issue. Nothing major has been done to this computer, and I don't even think that anything was installed. I was using it last night, got off, went to bed and then woke up to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 4th, 2016 06:00

Hi Avenkross,

Thanks for posting.

Your post doesn't mention the model of desktop you have, so here are some generic troubleshooting ideas.  

Since you can access "safe mode" you should be able to add and delete the drivers for your video card.  Go to the support.dell.com site and enter your service tag, download the latest driver for your video, save it to your desktop, then remove and reinstall the driver from the device manager.

If that doesn't work, post back here so the experts can assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!