Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 21st, 2004 15:00

2 monitor w Precision 670 Nvidia 3400

Maybe this is easy, but it's got me. Precision 670 w/Nvidia 3400. I have 1 Digital and 1 Analogue montor. How come I cant get the digital system as my "left" monitor. No matter how I attach the monitors to the video card, my analog monitor must be on the Left to allow for mouse panning, (ie, move the mouse to the right to access the second monitor). I have rearranged the monitors ad-nauseum through Nvidia configuration module and no go. Surely this can be done?

JTH

5 Posts

September 24th, 2004 10:00

Go into windows not nivida's display properties.  Go to settings tab.  You should see two monitor Icons, choose one and right click on it... go down to Identify, If your not getting the Number 1 monitor on the left side, then you need to swap the monitor Icon positions by draging and dropping it to the other side.  That should work.  Then click on the Nivida desplay tab, and double check that that everything is the same in there.  I don't think the Digital and Analog differences should be a problem, its just about getting the right combination of settings.  Thats the best I can do for you.   

5 Posts

September 24th, 2004 10:00

oh and make sure you select the monitor icon of the one you want to be your primary (#1) monitor and then check the box at the bottom of the Display Settings window saying you want that one to be Primary Display. 

• 

25.1K Posts

February 16th, 2021 01:00

Hi, We haven’t heard from you. Please get back to us with the diagnostics results so we can suggest further steps to resolve the issue.
No Events found!