Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2009 11:00

2005FPW Dell 20" widescreen monitor only blinks/flashes

My 20" Dell widescreen monitor (model 2005FPW) began to blink today...nothing else: I see my desktop for a split second, then its gone for 2 seconds. I have tried other computer, cable, DVI, VGA, and even no input. In all cases the monitors splash screen ("Dell/Discovery") comes up and then it just flashes: it keeps going on and off; power light and input 2 light flash in unison. This monitor has 4 inputs (DVI, VGA, S-Video, & composite) but I'm suspecting it is not the input scan (b/c it does not cycle through 1,2,3,4.) I think it is the power supply, since I had a similar problem with another Dell monitor. Is there any hope for this 3 y/o monitor?

1 Message

March 30th, 2009 16:00

I have a similar problem with the same device in that mine cycles on and off every second.  Have checked all connections and power sources and they are fine.  It was working fine earlier in the day.  Sure would like to find out what is going on.

Thanks,

John

1 Message

April 13th, 2010 13:00

Same here.  I had one that was detected last Friday and one that just started today.  Mine start to light up but as soon as the backlight activates, it goes blank and then the infinite loop begins again.

No Events found!