Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2009 21:00

435MT vs Corsair hx620w

Hello,

I installed my new corsair hx620w in my xps435mt and it wont start after I pluged everything(the 24pin, 8pin, 4850 pci-e and 3 sata cables...just like the original psu...). The only thing that I see when I push on the power button is a quick yellowish light and if I look inside the case I see another yellowish light that blink slowly and the psu fan doesnt spin. A technician where I bought the new psu tested the hx620w and it worked fine(on a other computer). My old psu still work A1. so, is there anything special I should know about installing a new psu in the 435MT?

Thanks

C

June 30th, 2009 22:00

I installed the Antec EarthWatts 650W PS in this system.  Had no issue with starting up.  However, I verified from other forum members that this PS worked in this system.  I recmommend looking at these forums and see the success in regards to what PS work with this system and concentrate on those.  As to the lights/no fan spin up...must be a voltage mismatch somewhere and the system is protecting itself.  Good luck.

15 Posts

July 1st, 2009 10:00

Actualy I red in other discutions(here in the Dell forums)that corsairs power suplies (hx620w or hx520w) would be a good choice in terms of quality. Since the 435mt and the hx620w are pretty recent technologie wise, I didn't even think there would be a chance that they wouldnt work together. Is there any suggestions on things I should try out without risking to blow out my pc part cause of electric incompatibility?

No Events found!