Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2014 00:00

6 beeps or 2 and 4 beeps?

Hello, I have an Ice Breaker arcade game that has a dell computer as the controlling unit and it is making several beeps when it goes on, the problem is I cannot tell if it is 6 beeps or 2 and then 4 beeps as there seems to be a short pause between the 2nd and 3rd beeps. Either way the monitors will not com on and there is no way to get the CPU out of the cabinet right now. If it is a video bios issue or a ram issue I need to figure that out as one suggests the machine is going back to the factory and the other means I am going to add new ram. So my question is does the beep codes give multiple codes or just one. Thanks for the help with what I am sure is a stupid question.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 5th, 2014 16:00

Hi Quilliard,

Perhaps you could provide the model of your Dell.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2014 03:00

Thanks I will, the problem is the cpu is buried in an Ice Age Ice Breaker game and I can't really see it. I contacted the company and they are sending a new cpu to replace it. But I would still like to fix it. I will get back with you today on the model.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2014 16:00

It is a newer model. I couldn't get into work to check it out. I think it is the video card.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

That's an easy fix, fortunately.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Six beeps for more recent models is a video card failure. Older PCs have a series of three sets of beeps, not two.

No Events found!