Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 17th, 2008 16:00

720 H2C and RAID question

Hi everyone,

Waiting for my new 720 H2C to arrive, and I've been tossing around some configuration ideas in my head. The rig I've ordered has the 2x150GB RAID 0 setup. I would like to add a second set of drives from my old computer, in their own RAID 0 config (2x74GB)... in essence, creating two separate striped sets for maximum performance with both sets of drives. Is this possible? Will the 720 h2c motherboard support this type of configuration?

3.3K Posts

March 17th, 2008 17:00

Just a word to the wise, back those raid stripes up religiously with something like Acronis True Image incase of data loss.

12 Posts

No doubt, excellent advice.

My current system has a RAID 0 array, and I back up to an external drive daily (drive image backup), and to dvd about once a month (updated documents only). Pretty soon, I'll add daily backup over network to a home server with a RAID 1 array (again, drive image backup).

I'm not exactly an expert... so this may not be the best overall backup solution, but I'd like to think it's sufficient. 

2.3K Posts

splitmetal; welcome to DCF

Yes it is possible to have what you want.

On my 720H2C, I have two RAID arrays, one RAID0 Raptors for OS and Apps.  Another RAID0 for files.

You will enjoy that Beast I am sure.

Peace

12 Posts

Thanks, MoneyGuyBK.

3.3K Posts

March 17th, 2008 18:00

I back up to an internal and external drive with Acronis(compressed image). One full backup after I install all my software, and then incremental b/u's when any critical info is added.
No Events found!