Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 28th, 2016 08:00

7459 AIO

Hi Community

I have been offered a 7459 AIO to replace a problematic 2350 AIO. I have read comments on the Dell site that are not favourable.

Does anyone have comments good or bad to enable me to make a decision on repair of the 2350 or take on a new 7459.

Thanks

Martin

412 Posts

April 28th, 2016 11:00

Hey Martin,

You said you're "being offered" - as in, for free?  If so, then I would surely take the 7459 over the 2350.

If not, then it comes down to a simple matter of if you want to take on the risk of the potential of a problematic system as opposed to repairing a known problematic system.  And price would factor into that decision as well.

In my more recent experience servicing Dell systems (over the last year and a half) I haven't seen any of these systems come in for service.  My store only sold one that had some issues with the USB ports out of the box.

Hope this helps!

412 Posts

April 29th, 2016 08:00

No problem at all Martin.

Since Michael Dell bought back his company, Dell's quality - especially among the Inspiron line - has vastly improved.  I used to be a hardcore nay-sayer of Inspirons (to the point that one time I openly recommended someone buy a different brand here on these very forums).  That is no longer the case.  That's not to say that Dell is perfect; every manufacturer is going to have a few lemons here & there.  But Inspirons today compared to Inspirongs as recently as two years ago have much much fewer problems.

I think you're going to be happy. And remember that we're here to help, should you ever have a question.

Thanks a ton, Martin. Take care!

April 29th, 2016 01:00

Hello Jim

Thanks very much for your post. Yes I am being offered offered a new sytem for free and the specs are better. It seems a no brainer. My 2350 has been pulled apart a few times with no success. I have just lost confidence in Dell products and am dithering over the decision.

Your experience has helped me decide and I will go for the 7459 with fingers crossed.

Thanks and regards

Martin

No Events found!