Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2008 11:00

7950GX2 DIED ??? .......

Hello all,

this is kinda of strange,i was going through the nvidia control panel trying to verify if the multi gpu was enabled. when i kind of did something r3tarded, i wasn't paying attention... i kind of had my eyes glued on the tube because Vida Guerra was walking around in a bikini. Well to make the story short i accidently turned sli on and Boom ! my screen went black,so i did a restart and guess what ? no video... UGHhh, I can't even see the Bios loading. I have tried to just insert one card and running it with one video card but nope, its the same thing.

Any suggestions? did the video cards just die on me ?

101 Posts

September 5th, 2008 17:00

What is your Monitor?  What is the maximum resolution of that monitor?  What SLI Resolution did you select?

You might try disconnecting the monitor, plug monitor to the a/c (stand alone) and let it run its test to see if it is okay, boot PC without monitor, shut down, reconnect the monitor, boot again.

Can you get a boot into the Safe Mode?

Did you try both video cards as single cards?

Message Edited by runnman on 09-05-2008 01:36 PM
Message Edited by runnman on 09-05-2008 01:58 PM

16 Posts

September 5th, 2008 22:00

I have a viewsonic 22 inch wide screen, i believe the max resolution is 1680 by 1050.

1. Yeah, i tried to disconnect and reconnect the monitor and i still had a black screen.

2.yeah i also tried to boot the pc without a monitor, same results.

3.nope i cant get to safe mode, its completely black, i cant even see when the bios loads.

4. i tried both cards as single cards and nothing.

5. wow, did i really burn the cards out by turning sli on ? thats crazy

16 Posts

September 5th, 2008 22:00

I know the OS is fine because i can actually hear when Vista loads..... Very suspicious.

101 Posts

September 5th, 2008 23:00

You are posting with another PC it appears.  Can you test and proof that 22 inch Viewsonic Monitor by placing it on the PC you are now using?  You will answer any question about the Monitor's condition.

101 Posts

September 5th, 2008 23:00

And if the Viewsonic Monitor checks good, restore the monitor back to the Vista PC and Boot the Vista PC while tapping F8 as you start the boot.  If it will then go into the Safe Mode, the Safe Mode should load a different video card driver which may allow a display and help you correct any problem.

16 Posts

September 8th, 2008 20:00

Been gone the last couple of days but i wanted to come on and thank runman for his assistance, i found out the issue was with the motherboard and had it replaced by dell.

Video card is running beautifully now =). Thanks for the help runman

No Events found!