Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2012 10:00

8500 not responding to any boot disk, although working ok

Hi!

I am requesting help with   'Windows 8 Pro 64 bit', ( 5 weeks) Can i say Windows 8 works fine at the moment.

Windows 8 64-bit, i7, 1 TB hard drive, 8 Gig memory,

I have tried-separately-  2 backup and recover utilities and both have successfully backed - up my hard drive C:  to  another local external hard drive (2 Terabyte).   But both  have same problem.  Both of the backup and recovery utilities I have tried require a BOOT MEDIA (dvd/ cd) to take over from any  future faulty windows 8 Pro and then allow me to access the recovery  menus on the boot disk and this will allow me to  restore  the operating system from the external hard drive back on to drive C: I have tried all that I can think of but to no avail.

Its something to the secure boot sequence that's blocking the boot media from taking over.

Even the Windows 8 Pro boot disk will not function.

I have tried Paragon Hard Drive Manager Suite 12' and 'Acronis True image'. Both are certified Windows 8 compatible.

Please any help will be gratefully received

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

December 18th, 2012 13:00

Hi Ljs_local,

I recommend you to go to BIOS, for that restart the system and at the Dell logo keep tapping the F2 key every two seconds. In the BIOS screen Disable Secure boot. Then make sure boot mode is UEFI and enable the Legacy mode. With these settings you will be able to boot from the CD.

Revert for further assistance.

4 Posts

December 19th, 2012 07:00

Hi, a technician telephoned us today on our home number but the line quickly fell silent before the full conversation developed. He recommended something about some file update downloads are missing. Would the technician please email or contact me again on the number he used previously. Thanks

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

December 19th, 2012 12:00

Hi Ljs_local,

I would like to know if you performed the steps given in the previous post. Please let me know if you need assistance with regards to it.

Please private message me with the system service tag to check details of the call you received by a Dell technician.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

No Events found!