Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2014 20:00

8700 XPS Motherboard Replacement due to Lightening Strike

I have a  8700 XPS that had it's motherboard damaged via a lightening strike that entered the system through my Fax/Data modem (via voIP phone through my cable modem)  The Fax/Data card was fried (literally burned circuits) and mohterboard won't run.  However, the power supply and video card have been checked out and work fine.  I have not had the CPU processor checked. 

I would like to try and replace the motherboard to see if I can get the system back up and running but I cannot find a source where to buy a refurbished motherboard.  Does anyone know where I can purchase one, other than the occasional offering via ebay where I'm not really sure of the board's status/specifications

I have found a few offerings, but it seems that there are different configurations available, some with a msata socket and others without.  Any other differences that I should be looking for?

The board that I am looking to replace:  CN-0KVT8-72200-359-00C5-A00   Are there other model numbers I should be considering?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 19th, 2014 11:00

Well, there's always Dell Spare Parts for a new board.

In USA:
Mon–Fri 7 a.m.–9 p.m. CST

Sat & Sun 8 a.m.–6 p.m. CST

1-800-357-3355.

No Events found!