Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2014 12:00

9020 AIO random boot error.

I'm having a weird issue with all the 9020 aio machines recently purchased. Machines will randomly kick off into a restart loop when the machine restarts and this seems to be affecting all of them. During the loop, the machine never completes POST -- you can briefly see the dell logo  after which the machine shuts down and the cycle repeats over again. The only way to get out of the loop is to force shutdown via the power switch, a power on after this will result in a normal post and OS load until the next restart which may kick off another restart cycle. The issue is completely random, but it'a affecting all the aio machines. Built in dell diag comes back with all ok message. 

I've tried updating bios to latest A08 release and reset to defaults. The only changes made after reset to defaults is to set Sata operation to ahci; disable deep sleep; set admin password; enable wol for lan. To rule out any potential bios issues, half the computers are running on default bios settings. To rule out any "image" issues, all machines are hand built via vanilla windows 7 x64 disc and patched with latest WU. All latest drivers from support site is loaded as well. 

Machine specs. 

9020 AIO non touch. 

No discreet graphics. 

i7 proc  

500 GB HD. 

No wifi or Bluetooth. 

Any known issues with this model? Am I missing anything? Any help is appreciated. 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 17th, 2014 06:00

Hi jmoody228,

I would contact Dell first thing. When you ran the Dell diagnostics, did you run the utility from within Windows or did you boot to the F12 utility partition?

3 Posts

August 17th, 2014 07:00

f12 from the utility partition. 

October 6th, 2014 13:00

I have a very similar issue 15 of these 9020

• the Mouse locks up momentarily and at the same time there is a buzzing sound from the speakers.

I did notice that if I reboot it goes way and it runs normally, then both come back after my staff leave PC on for more that 2 days. I have about 30 of these 9020 and half of them are being a pain in my side.

I tried Drivers, even looked at power source some had old power strips but still getting the issue..

Edward 

EDSO LE IT 

No Events found!