Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2012 06:00

A09.exe download publisher not recognised by windows

Have just had a notification that appears to be genuine from Dell advising of a new BIOS update available to download.

However, when downloading file (before running) the windows security pop-up appears saying the publisher can't be verified.

I would have expected Dell to be a recognised publisher, so is this genuine or malware?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 11th, 2012 08:00

The direct link to the file is here:

http://downloads-us.dell.com/FOLDER00843363M/1/

It is 7.52 MB and has the same information as what you have, therefore you should have a legitimate file.

Notes on updating the BIOS

When you power up your Dell system, you will get the Dell BIOs screen:

On this screen is the model number and the BIOs revision. The BIOs revision typically this of either 2 formats:

• Axx, i.e. A01, A02, ..., A12 etc. In your case this format.

• x.x.xx, i.e. 1.0.0, 1.0.3, 1.1.2, 1.1.4, 1.1.10, 1.1.11 etc.

The higher the number the later the revision.

To reduce the probably of fatal BIOs updates save the BIOS update file to the desktop and close down all programs.

Remove any USB device from your computer except for keyboard and mouse and also remove any CD/DVDs and media cards. Restart computer.

Then double click the file and run it as an administrator. Don't touch the computer until the BIOs update is complete. It should automatically log you off, update the BIOs and restart the computer.

Don't power down the computer during the BIOs update as this will ensure your system is rendered completely useless. Ensure both the battery is at full charge and the AC adaptor is plugged in when updating the BIOs on a laptop.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 11th, 2012 06:00

It happens with most of the BIOS updates it should be genuine but just to check please state your model number and I will give you a direct link.

November 11th, 2012 07:00

Thanks, It's a Vostro 470 (and I'm in the UK if that makes any difference to models?).

And looking at the file properties it has:

File Version: 1.0.0.4

Product name: SetupSF Application

Product version: 1, 0, 0, 4

Copyright

Size: 7.52 MB

Oh and the filesize is showing as 7704 KB in win explorer if that's any help

November 11th, 2012 09:00

Fantastic, many thanks.

No Events found!