Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 13th, 2010 06:00

Adding a PCIe x16 video card disables the PC onboard HDMI port

There is no workaround for this. One option is to remove the addin video card and enable the onboard video card which will turn on the onboard HDMI port. The second option is to return the addin video card and get one with a dedicated HDMI port.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

881 Posts

May 13th, 2010 10:00

There is no workaround for this. One option is to remove the addin video card and enable the onboard video card which will turn on the onboard HDMI port. The second option is to return the addin video card and get one with a dedicated HDMI port.

Hi Chris M -  Just in the last day or two I have been posting trying to figure out the best way to try the HDMI. So you are telling me that since I have the nvidia GTS240, which has no HDMI port, that the integrated HDMI port on my new Studio XPS 8100 is useless??? May I exchange this card?? When I configured my system it made no mention of an incompatability!!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jeff

No Events found!