Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2017 07:00

Anyone else getting burning errors on Precision Tower 3620?

My organization burns a lot of CDs and DVDs. We've seen more burning errors on the new Precision Tower 3620s (Windows 10 1703) than the mostly-OptiPlex 7010s that were in place with Windows 7 previously.

I haven't been able to monitor exactly when the errors are occurring, but I know it's on both CDs and DVDs. We use CDBurnerXP as an organization instead of Power2Go which comes with the Precision.

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I believe most of the disc drives are model GHB0N (DVD+-RW).

Thanks,

J. J.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 25th, 2017 08:00

A free cd burning program should not be used in a business setting especially one that contains adware and one that was initially for windows XP. Try Power 2 go on a test machine to burn dvds and see if that makes a difference.

Windows 10 does not burn video dvds on its own. You need a 3rd party program to burn any video files to dvd. That might be part of the problem you are having. The free software might depend on windows for some features that are in Win 7 and previous versions but have been left out of win 10 and 8. Older versions of cdburnerXP should not be used with windows 10. There is a win 10 version available if you want to risk it and have not updated the program--

www.intowindows.com/.../

From the software reviews for cdburnerxp--

Cons

contains adware - do not install on any PC with sensitive info or usage...

18 Posts

July 28th, 2017 08:00

Thank you for your response. I'm surprised that it has so much adware! Discovered virustotal.com thanks to this post. I've switched over to Power2Go - the only feature that I wish it had is disc spanning for large data discs, but that's not a big deal.

No Events found!