Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2010 10:00

Audio driver, series dimension 2400

I been trying to find out how to download get music into working on my computer again, at first the Dell Driver Download Manager wasn't working, and now it is saying "service unavailable, please try again later" i waited a day, is it ever going to work? or how long do i have to wait? please and thank you.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 11th, 2010 11:00

DO NO use the Dell Download Manager - it has caused many user problems.  Uninstall the Download Manager from your PC and any cookies for it.  When you access the Dell downloads, download whatever driver you want direct with the "Download Via your Internet Browser" option. 

HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> is the link to the Audio Driver for the 2400 and XP.

What was the reason for the driver download?  Maybe that isn't the problem?  However, if you reinstalled Windows, on a reinstall you need to first install the Intel chipset drivers BEFORE installing the sound driver.  On a new or reinstall the correct and required install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Chipset Drivers (3) Install Device Drivers including sound, video, ethernet, etc.

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

July 11th, 2010 11:00

Just clear out the Download Manager - it's not worth the hassle.   Then try again with the regular browser download.

To do that:   Go to Add/Remove and remove Dell Download Manager (if it's listed).  Then clear all the Dell cookies from your browser to remove the Download Manager as the default.     After that you should be able to go back to the driver, click download, then choose the second regular browser download option when the choice pops up.

8 Posts

July 11th, 2010 12:00

and i dont know what im doing wrong, i deleted it from control panel, i cleared the cookies from the internet it is still forcing the download manager down my throat.

8 Posts

July 11th, 2010 12:00

you kinda lost me back there.. and i need it because my computer was trashed with a virus we had to reboot it from the begging but i couldnt find the disk, so i can have music all over again, i looked websites everywhere and this is what they told me to do, even my brother did. and how do i delete the cookies? just on internet optoons?

8 Posts

July 11th, 2010 16:00

i doubt it, im only 15 and my friends know the same or less about computers as me. haha

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 11th, 2010 16:00

Do you have a friend that can download the needed drivers and burn a disc or some USB device with the drivers?

No Events found!