Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2013 11:00

Audio line-out on OptiPlex 9010 All-in-one

Hi,

I installed 2 of these fine machines in a restaurant last week and they want to use them to drive the audio system in the restaurant via iTunes.

I was hoping to use the rear line-out output for obvious cosmetic reasons, the problem is when I connect a 3.5mm plug to this output it doesn't cancel the output on the inbuilt speakers. I don't want to use the side headphone connector as it looks unsightly. I'm guessing the problem is because it's a line output as opposed to a headphone jack. I was hoping there was some way of changing the output type through software/drivers or whatever.....

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 13:00

Hi Paul,

Is there an option in sound (in control panel) to select an output device? If there an external control for the volume of the integrated speakers?

April 3rd, 2013 14:00

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately no on both counts. As far as I can see the only external controls are for screen brightness and the only output device (even when the jack is plugged into the rear line out) are for "speakers" which reference the inbuilt ones.

It's looking like I may have buy an L shaped 3.5mm "stereo jack to phono lead" to plug in the side headphone connector - functional but not an ideal solution since the unit is public facing.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 17:00

Sorry I can't think of a more practical solution.

No Events found!