Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

November 28th, 1999 22:00

Auto-Play quit working

My Auto-Play quit running. I have to start programs by use of Explorer to install them. Is there a way to get it back to auto start? I checked the CD properties and it looks like it is set to auto-play. The DMI boxes are not checked, should they be?

Larry D. Gibbs
gibbsld@earthlink.net

All Left-handed people are in their right mind.

8 Posts

November 29th, 1999 01:00

gipper11 wrote:
- My Auto-Play quit running. I have to start programs
- by use of Explorer to install them. Is there a way
- to get it back to auto start? I checked the CD
- properties and it looks like it is set to auto-play.
- The DMI boxes are not checked, should they be?

Larry,

DMA doesn't need to be checked but may help performance in some cases or if checked may prevent CD-R drives from operating correctly in others.

For Auto Play is Auto Insert Notification checked? If it is, here's the MS KB article that may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q177/8/80.ASP

DT users FAQs
LL&P

112 Posts

November 29th, 1999 01:00

gipper11 wrote:

- My Auto-Play quit running. I have to start programs
- by use of Explorer to install them. Is there a way
- to get it back to auto start

Here's to another lefty.
If you are comfortable editing the registry, the key to modify is located here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

The value to modify is NoDriveTypeAutoRun, which should read: 95 00 00 00

If you are not comfortable in the registry, install TweakUI and check the Auto Run check box in the "Paranoia" tab.

Satisfied Dell customer since 5-8-98 :-) Shortcut to DellT@lk users FAQ Web Site. Will open in a new window.

F91W5 EF29F

ATTENTION everyone on the forum.....Dell has added a "scratch pad" conference to post test messages and test sig's. It will be cleared out weekly so it can keep the extra traffic off the boards. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

774 Posts

November 29th, 1999 03:00

u were helping someone with auto for the cd and i was having the same problem. i went to my regestry and it says ff 00 00 00 00. it wont let me change the ff to 95. please help

14 Posts

November 29th, 1999 12:00

You need to double click on the file and then you can change the value. After you are done restart your machine.

Larry D. Gibbs
gibbsld@earthlink.net

All Left-handed people are in their right mind.
No Events found!