Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2008 07:00

BIOS SUPPORT FOR XPS720 and OTHERS

Today since Dell is not very active in providing updates to BIOS in the XPS720 I decided to go to the Company that writes the Dell XPS720 BIOS and arrived at this site;

http://www.phoenix.com/en/Home/default.htm

This site provides a fair bit of information (no contact us, I would like to talk with them on the phone to discuss a few details before proceeding on any installations) and the BIOS/DRIVER FIND UPDATE utility which I ran produced this result;

http://biosagentplus.com/results.php?ref=37wcwqg&referral=29&PHPSESSID=r4p2q37thdra8ghpnsespbg5h4

In short, this report says that my BIOS is out of date and an update is provided, for the sum of $27 you can have a years subscription to this update service!

Caution:

1)Though this company does claim to support all major brands including Dell (I have not yet been able to ensure that this site is a Legitimate Phoenix ROM site).

2) I have not used or tested any of their software, so am unable to verify that it is safe to use and do not provide any recommendation or warranty and any use of these products are at your own risk.

3) I would advise Dell customers not to install non Dell BIOS products as an incorrectly installed BIOS can cause motherboard failure!

You may well ask why this post, since the "Phoenix Company" is able to have a well written driver tester software which Dell could well emulate for their Drivers and Download page.

If the company that produces the XPS720 BIOS for DELL actually has an updated BIOS for this model, Chris why don't Dell ?

133 Posts

September 11th, 2008 08:00

680i SLI should support new 45nm Intel CPUs... A07... why not?

27 Posts

September 11th, 2008 21:00

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 13th, 2008 23:00

k.cobley,

If the company that produces the XPS720 BIOS for DELL actually has an updated BIOS for this model, Chris why don't Dell ?
* Just because they say it will work does not mean that we would not have to test and validate it. That takes time and money. We are not going to do this on a PC that is not currently selling as new. We would only update the bios to fix a specific hardware issue.

58 Posts

September 14th, 2008 00:00

You could always fix the mobs inability to overclock.

14.4K Posts

September 14th, 2008 18:00

@dmw Armitage wrote:
You could always fix the mobs inability to overclock.

It's not the motherbord its the Bios. 

And like my good friend gdwrnch3 alway points out this subjec is 

No Events found!