Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2010 11:00

BIOS advanced options

I have looked for some answares throu the web but cant find anything..

I got a Dell XPS 420.. The BIOS inside is a Phoenix A02 (i think, since it is named Dell, inc..)

I want to overclock my CPU, but cant get to the advanced settings in the BIOS..

I have read that Dell has set restriction on the settings so people dont do something they regret and come complaining to Dell afterwards.

I know a bit of computers, and my Dell warranty has expired anyway so i cant go to them if anything goes wrong :P

Please nead answers..

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 13th, 2010 11:00

Unless someone locked out the administrator functions of the BIOS (in which case you'd be prompted for the password), what you see is what you get - a BIOS is custom-written for a specific mainboard, so there are no "Advanced" options that are locked out.  Some Dell systems have overclocking settings that are activated with certain CPUs - that may be the case, in which situation upgrading to one of those CPUs will release the control of the overclocking setting.

2 Posts

February 13th, 2010 19:00

thanks for reply!

Why is it set that the CPU lockes/unlockes if it can be OC? I got q6600 and thats a excellent OC CPU..

Im not that intrested to OC that im going to switch CPU, just thought why not get mine from 2.4GHz to 3.0GHz :P

No Events found!