Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2006 11:00

BSOD NV4_Disp stuck in infinite loop

I am surprised to find this problem with this very expensive XPS600
with the dual7800GTX card!
Anyone else with this problem?
Mainly I would like to know what DEll is doing to solve this as it seems to be
an error in the BIOS concerning the RX55 memory register (Memory Write QueueTimer)
So playing around with the Nvidia driver would not help!
Any comments... anyone?
DickB

28 Posts

March 18th, 2006 13:00

Read the post under the subject of XPS 600 | BSOD | DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on the General Hardware section of this forum.

March 19th, 2006 06:00

That has been an extremely popular crash with Nvidia cards for so many years.  Thing is, that could be cause by many problems, but it's usually software or RAM related.

Greg

2 Posts

May 29th, 2006 20:00

i'm having the same problem! it started, oh, about 24 hours after i recieved my xps 400 with 1 gig of ram and an nvidia geforce 7300 (about 40 days ago). i've spoken with a support tech once and he told me that restoring the system to the condition it came out of the box in would fix everything, but it didn't work! then i chatted with another one and assured me that re-installing the video driver and turning off my multiple cpu core would work. it didn't. i understand that my level of technilogical prowess is only slightly higher than that of, say, a poo flinging ape, and that this is actually way more computer than i need, but i also know that i shouldn't be having these issues with a $1,300 machine! i'm a sims2 freak and have a ton of custom content, so i uninstalled everything that didn't come with the game (a second time), but nothing has helped. i'm so frustrated! i'm sick of people that are very friendly, but can't help. i'm also frustrated that i can't even play a simple video game (come on, it's not like i'm trying for doom 3 or anything) without being booted off. grrrr. i don't want to send my birthday present back, but i also don't want a computer riddled with issues. anyone have any advice?

2 Posts

May 29th, 2006 22:00

Hi Anjelphyre

My machine now seems to be OK after I downloaded the latest driver

from nvidia. You could try that if you have not done so already.

You will need to follow their instructions carefully as you may have to remove the current driver

before installing the new one.

Best of luck

Dick B

2 Posts

May 30th, 2006 12:00

hey dick,

i actually did try and download the latest driver, following all directions to a t. i uninstalled the old one, just like it told me and, when i tried to install the new one, a box popped up saying that it could not locate any drivers that matched my hardware (or something to that extent). eek! i double checked and, sure enough, i had the driver that i needed and was installing it correctly. tried it two more times with no success. i'm also now recieving a few other error messages. ugh! thanks for the advice, though :smileyhappy:

No Events found!