Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

March 14th, 2016 08:00

BSOD Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell 3020 - Intel 4000 Series Drivers

Hi,

We have a large number of our Dell 3020 and 3010 PC's that are experiencing BSOD.

No particular pattern.

Blue Screen shows the error code - 0x0000007F (0x801DE000,0x0(all 0's) x 2

Crash Dump -

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: OptiPlex 3020, Dell Inc., 04YP6J
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 3675045888 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 14/03/2016 07:33:58 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!Kei386EoiHelper+0x17D4)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFFFFF807CB750, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .
Google query: ntkrpamp.exe UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

On Thu 10/03/2016 09:07:41 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031016-10935-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd32.sys (igdkmd32+0xB146C)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007F (0x8, 0xFFFFFFFF801DF000, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd32.sys
product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R)
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a trap was generated by the Intel CPU and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd32.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M

I have tried to update the bios, chipset and latest Intel drivers from Dell (On one of the machines I did try the intel drivers with no luck). So far I have had to rebuild the machines and hope the issue doesn't return. Has anyone experienced this issue? Dell warranty support didn't help, as we are using enterprise software the official response from the support manager I spoke to was:

"We don't fully test Windows Enterprise and we would need to revert back to Windows Professional to see if the issue returns" - This surprised me and I expressed my concerns and recent disappointment in support from Dell.

We also had the option to pay Dell for their advanced software support team, I was surprised as this fault only developed after windows updates (day after).

Thanks. Rich

No Responses!
No Events found!