Hi. I have Studio XPS 9100 which currently has am ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB video card in it.
It has not worked properly since new and I am expecting a replacement card from DELL to be delivered today.
My question is... since my PC is 2 years old, I am sure there is something availabe that is the "Latest & Greatest" for my system.
What do you all suggest as a top notch replacement for my system if the new replacement card still has problems ?
Studio XPS 9100 support any PCIe-X16 slot graphics card that can work with the 525W Power Supply configured with the system. You can purchase an AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics Card as it requires a 400W Power Supply.
Please let me know if you need further information.
An HD 5970 is already a great card. I hope the new one works because you would not want to spend the money it would take to get one that is equivalent to it. You would have to be looking at the HD 7950 or HD 7970 to get performance equal to it so you're talking $300 & $400 cards respectively. An HD 7750 is no replacement for an HD 5970 unless you don't need a gaming card.
Both AMD 7950 and 7970 are compatible with Studio XPS 9100. However, you may want to consider and check the below information:
For HD 7970 to fit in to this computer the below criteria needs to meet:
(1) 500W (or greater) power supply with one 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connector and one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector is recommended. So you may use the 525W PSU that was shipped with the computer.
(2) Minimum 4GB of system memory is required. 8 GB (or more) of system memory recommended for AMD CrossFire technology.
(3) Windows Vista or Windows 7 64-bit operating system highly recommended.
For HD 7950 to fit in to this computer the below aspects needs to meet:
(1) 500W (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended. 750W power supply required for crossfire technology. You may use the 525W PSU that was shipped with the computer if you are not using crossfire technology.
(2) Minimum 4GB of system memory is required. 8GB (or more) of system memory recommended for AMD CrossFire technology.
(3) Any 64-bit operating system highly recommended.
You may also refer the below link for more information on AMD Radeon HD 7970 Graphics:
You may also refer the below link for more information on AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 Graphics:
If you have further questions do reply to the same thread.
I am also looking to upgrade the Video Card on My XPS 9100, however the cards on the supported list for the software I am using all use PCIe 3.0 x16. I figured the 3.0 card would work because the above post was written well after the introduction and testing faze of PCIe 3.0 but I was hoping to get a confirmation.
Many thanks in regards.
600W power supply 8/pin 6/pin
Looking for supported graphics card for Adobe CC/ray-tracing 3D
Adobe recommends Nvidia GeForce GTX or GTX GPU's