Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 7th, 2008 19:00

Blue Screen O Doom

I have a XPS 400, rather old one (4/24/06 build date). It has Window's XP on it and I keep getting a blue screen that says something like this on it

"Stop:0x000000d1 (0x00000018,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xba65d26d)

iastor.sys- add ba65d261 base at ba64e000, Datestamp 426doc8c"

I found a link that kinda helps http://www.ydeologi.com/2006/04/26/dell-dimension-e510-iastorsys-windows-xp-blue-screen-error-stop-code-0x000000d1/

which send's ya to http://www.ydeologi.com/2006/04/26/dell-dimension-e510-iastorsys-windows-xp-blue-screen-error-stop-code-0x000000d1#comment-1043

Which would kinda help, but when I try to install the Intel® Matrix Storage Driver, it says I dont have enough system space....but I do?

So anyone please help before I throw this PC out the window

175 Posts

September 8th, 2008 01:00

get your dell cd and just do a repair xp

6 Posts

September 8th, 2008 01:00

I did that, then it ask what version I wanna repair. I'm not that computer savy :(

175 Posts

September 8th, 2008 21:00

just windows xp or windows xp home which ever one u have . does the pc bluescreen before windows loads or after u might can correct with just "checkdisk" or this as a last resort if the harddrive has never been reformatted  turn  on your pc when the dell logo screen comes up press "Ctrl" then "F11" and then let off of both at the same time  before the logo screen goes off and you computer should have pc restore which it will tell you that u will loose all of your data it will put your pc os back the way it was when it was brand new but u will loose whatever u have installed like apps and software and pics and music that kinda stuff if u have backups u can reinstall afterwards

6 Posts

September 8th, 2008 22:00

Windows XP Media Center sorry I forgot to put that in there. and Yes the PC has been formated, it caught a virus about 2 years ago.

175 Posts

September 9th, 2008 02:00

does it blue screen when u power up the pc or after the dell logo screen when does it do it if you get to the dell logo screen start tapping "F8" and if you get it to catch  you should hear a beep and when the advanced options menu comes up use the arrow keys your mouse wont work here and scroll to the option" last known good configuration that worked" or something like that and  hit the "enter key"see if your pc will work from there if not we might can get to and try checkdisk error correction repair from" safe mode" when the dell logo screen comes up start tapping the "F8" key and when the advanced options menu comes up use the arrow keys and scroll to "safe mode"  and hit the enter key a bunch of word lines will come up and then a window will come up that says you have entered safe mode do you wish to continue click yes and go to safe mode as your pcs name not administrator and when the desktop comes on go to and click start>my computer>right click local disk>properties>and then click the tools tab and under Error-checking click chec nowand then under check disk options check both of the boxs and then click the start tab a window will come up saying it couldnt access because its in use that it will do it next time u restart the pc click ok to restart and after the pc boots back up it will come up and start doing the checking list and such just let it do its thing it might take awhile to finish just let it do it might take an hour or more and that might get u back up and running if that doesnt do it well just have to try something else let us know if you get it back online

6 Posts

September 9th, 2008 02:00

it only does it every once and a while...like sunday I couldnt even get the computer to start and run...today we'll ive been on it all day and it's been on for the last 48 hour's

175 Posts

September 9th, 2008 11:00

ok since your able to access windows do this  click start>my computer>right click local disk>properties>and then click the tools tab and under Error-checking click check now and then under check disk options check both of the boxs and then click the start tab a window will come up saying it couldnt access because its in use that it will do it next time u restart the pc click ok to restart and after the pc boots back up it will come up and start doing the checking list and such just let it do its thing it might take awhile to finish just let it do it might take an hour or sometimes you need to do this when u start getting errors and such also defrag your pc especially if you install and delete stuff like drivers and apps ,this just falls under regular matinence . actually its better to defrag and then run check disk this might not stop exactly what your pc is doing but if youve never done it it does help keep things in order and stops alot of errors
No Events found!