Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 29th, 2013 16:00

Bluetooth not detecting any devices on my XPSone 27

My mouse, keyboard, phone....none of my devices connect.  Anyone have any ideas to troubleshoot?

Device Manager shows my Bluetooth is working and I have Discovery and Connection boxes checked.
Device shows in Bluetooth settings as Dell Wireless 1703 Bluetooth manufactured by Atheros. 

My PC was a refurb and it shipped with a wired keyboard/mouse.  Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

47 Posts

March 29th, 2013 21:00

Dell does it again!

The support page for my system showed 13 specific drivers.

I went to show all drivers and matched up the bluetooth driver, I believe it was 1703.

The system took it and my bluetooth devices are working.

Here's to Dell not testing bluetooth devices prior to sending out my refurb and to the support site not even knowing my model has bluetooth installed!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 29th, 2013 19:00

If you purchased the refurb from Dell's outlet store and you got some sort of warranty, suggest you contact Dell Tech Support for assistance. Have the Service Tag handy.

47 Posts

March 29th, 2013 19:00

Yeah...that's not a good idea from my previous experience.

Looking at the drivers recommended for my service tag a bluetooth driver isn't listed.

If I change the drop down to show all drivers then blue tooth drivers are provided.

I wonder if my system thinks it has bluetooth but really doesn't.  In my experience that seems impossible but again...it's a Dell.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 30th, 2013 15:00

Glad you got it sorted.

Unfortunately, searching for drivers by Service Tag hasn't worked correctly for far too long. We've been trying to get them to fix that, seemingly forever.

No Events found!