Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 20th, 2013 12:00

Boot Error with 2.4 gHz wireless keyboard Alienware x51 Windows 7

I am able to connect my Modtek 2.4 gHz wireless keyboard and its fob through usb 2 connection in front or back of my alienware x51 windows 7.

It installs and works fine however if I do a restart of computer an error comes up before it gets to windows.  The error says unable to detect usb kb device.  Press F1 to continue F2 to go to settings.  If I then attempt either choice from wireless keyboard it does not respond.  I have also tried unplugging and replugging the 2.4 gHz wireless fob to see if USB will detect but it doesn't.  The only way I can continue to boot up computer is to connect a usb regular keyboard (not wireless).  At that point I can press F1 and Windows starts fine and both the wired keyboard and wireless keyboard work fine.

How can I get windows to boot up properly using my wireless keyboard?  It works fine on every computer I've tried it on including Windows 7 computers.  I've never seen this sort of error before on any computer.

I called Dell Tech Support and they had me check in bios if usb controller is enabled and it is.  After that Dell rep had no idea what to do.

Thanks for your help!

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

August 20th, 2013 14:00

You'll probably get a better response if you post this in the Alienware Club.

NOTE: DELL FORUMS WILL BE UNDERGOING SITE MAINTENANCE, AUG 21 - AUG 23. USERS WILL BE ABLE TO SEARCH AND READ THE FORUMS BUT THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG IN OR MAKE NEW POSTS DURING THIS PERIOD.

No Events found!