Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2010 23:00

Boot Problems with inspiron 545

Hello, 

My current system: Inspiron 545. Just over 1 year old (of course my warranty expired). Intel Quad Core Q8300 @ 2.5 GHZ, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 OS

Just the other day I went to turn on my computer, and then, some odd things were happening:
I would press the front power button, the light would come and the CPU sounded like it would start. Three seconds later, it automatically shut down, and then another 3 seconds passes it would automatically start up again....3 seconds later it would shut down. 

On the third time it starts up,  there will be ONE beep, and then the power light would stay on, and it appears the CPU is starting to boot up. However, the screen does not come on.

When I attempt to re-start the CPU again (in the hopes of getting picture on my screen), rather than having to hold down the power button, I just need to press it quick, and the CPU shuts down.

This cycle of 3 starts and 2 shut downs occurs each time I try to turn on the CPU.

On the odd occasion, the computer does turn on (after going through it's cycle) and I see picture on my screen.  However, the screen would freeze. Otherwise, if I leave the CPU and the screen goes into PowerSave mode (ie. turn black) I am unable to get the screen back up. I would have to start the cycle all over again, hoping my CPU will turn on.

Any ideas on what is happening?

Anything I am able to fix at home?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

No Responses!
No Events found!