Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2011 19:00

Brand New Dell Vostro 460 Inbuilt 19 in 1 Card Reader.

Hi All...

I have just purchased a brand new Dell Vostro 460.

My question relates to the Inbuilt 19 in 1 Card Reader.

It does not seem to recognise my 8G SDHC cards.

I know the SDHC cards work because the Dell U2410 monitor recognises the SDHC cards.

Therefore my question is:

Does the Inbuilt 19 in 1 Card Reader recognise only SD cards and not SDHC cards.

Or has the Inbuilt 19 in 1 Card Reader driver not been installed, since the Windows 7 device manager doesn't seem to recognise the Inbuilt 19 in 1 Card Reader.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 3rd, 2011 19:00

Raj.Chandra,

I thought a 4GB SDHC was the max it would read. While it will read higher SD. Maybe others will chime in.

By default, Windows 7 does not show Media Card Reader drive letters.
* Open Computer
* Click Tools- Folder Options
* In the General tab under Navigation, insert a check to Show all folders
* Click Apply
* Click the View tab
* Remove the check from Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
* Add a check to Show drive letters
* Click Apply- OK

February 6th, 2012 17:00

Hi Chris, I am having the same problem as the posted one.  I have tried what you suggested and it made no difference.  Do I need to somehow check the card reader is installed?

Cheers.

June 29th, 2012 11:00

I have a new XPS 8500 and my issue with the 19 in 1 card reader is that if you initially plug a card into reader, it does not initialize.  Pulling the card out then plugging it back in, then the system see the card.  I went through the folder options and set the OS to display the drive letters of the card reader, but still shows the removable drive corresponging to the slot I'm using grayed out until I pull the memory card out and re-insert it. 

No Events found!