Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2011 05:00

Broadcom Netlink in XPS Studio 8100 Win7/64b

Suddenly there is a problem connecting to the internet. When I boot , there is no internet connection, I can get the connection back by removing adaptor and re-intalling via control panel. I have applied the latest Broadcom drivers form the down load site and tried the ones from Broadcom, but the result is the same. Help!

7 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 05:00

Fixed at last!

It was some thing to do with a Windows Critical (!) update. Which one I dont know, so in future it will be download 1 at a time and check for problems.

Lesson learned

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2011 06:00

There is a separate section for Interent/Networking, May be the best place to post this.

I assume the modem is powered up and sync'd ("trained" as modem companies call it) BEFORE you power on the PC? 

7 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 03:00

Thanks for the reply

This pc is connected to a Broadband modem/Router, along with 3 other pc's (that are never turned off) via network cables.

It is most certaily an individual PC problem as there is no problem with anything else connected by 100mb wire or wirless connections.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2011 10:00

I've seen the updates mess things up before, but not the NIC.  

I too am a retired Regional LAN/WAN Network and Hardware Help Desk Manager for a Federal Agency.

7 Posts

June 9th, 2011 12:00

This  problem is back again,

Since installing Photoshop CS3 (prior to upgrading to CS5). No network connected. Adaptor can be re-set either by disconnect-reconnect in device manager.... OR by uninstalling CS3, at which point the NiC works properly again.

Any ideas people?

No Events found!