Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2008 21:00

Broken Code

I stupidly deleted a piece of adware, even though the computer told me it "wasn't a virus and was probably part of a bundle".  Now I can't copy any pictures from Photobucket to my desktop for uploading to forums  for avatars.  Later, snooping through my computer, I came across a line of broken code that was interdependant on 2 other pieces of code.  These 2 pieces of code were fine, and I think the broken code is the cause of my trouble..

The problem is, I don't remember where in the computer I found it.  And if I manage to find it again, how do I figure out what it goes to, so I can get some idea what I need to do to fix it?:emotion-60:

3.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2008 11:00

Hello,

I suggest that you go to the photobucket web site. Download and install the software again. This very well might fix your problems. :emotion-35:

3.4K Posts

November 29th, 2008 10:00

Hello again,

OK, try this...

You can see your pictures at the site? If so, right click on the image and choose "Save image as", choose your desktop and click 'Save'. Or, you can right click on the image and choose "properties", copy the URL of the picture and use it in the upload window at the site. :emotion-55: :emotion-59:

32 Posts

November 29th, 2008 10:00

Thanks for the reply, sweet heart, but that is not going to help me.  There is nothing to download from Photobucket...you just sign up and start an account.  I have  made several new accounts, but none of them work as far as copying a picture to my desktop.  I need to figure out where I saw the broken code, so I can try to figure out what it goes to.

As a matter of fact, I am going to try to put an avatar of this forum in a few minutes, but I don't think I will be successful.  I have had to resort to giving the link to forum administrators and letting them upload the avatars.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

591 Posts

November 29th, 2008 11:00

How bout just do a system restore prior to the deletion of the file.

32 Posts

December 8th, 2008 16:00

I finally got the avatar to work...don't ask me how.  I think I had to restart a Dell program.   Thanks for your help !!!:emotion-59:

32 Posts

December 8th, 2008 21:00

But I still need to know what section of the computer to go to so I can find that broken code.:emotion-42:

32 Posts

February 27th, 2009 12:00

Sorry I have been gone so long.  System restore did not work.  But I found something on my computer that I am not sure if it is causing the problem.

I looked in System Information and just started clicking on things and looking at them, and this is what I found:

Internet settings>Cache>List of Objects:

Damaged:

{9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F}

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?37851.7186.458333

Anyone want to venture a guess, suggestion, or piece of advice?

:emotion-60::emotion-37::emotion-60:

Also in Internet Settings>Internet Explorer>File Versions:

2 missing files:

iecont.dll

iecontlc.dll

32 Posts

March 18th, 2009 15:00

Well, I see this forum is officially dead.....thanks for the help.:emotion-50::emotion-52::emotion-50:

No Events found!