Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2009 02:00

Can i attached a dell 17" tft monitor with the dvd player or setup box

hi

Can i attached a dell 17" tft monitor with the dvd player or setup box to work and see the movies on the monitor without a tv.

Plz suggest.

4.6K Posts

January 28th, 2009 08:00

Yes you can.

How you go about it though (i.e. what connections to use/how you set it up) depends on what system you have, what ports it has (i.e. HDMI/DVI/VGA/S-Video), and what OS you're using :emotion-55:

52 Posts

January 28th, 2009 23:00

Thanks for ur reply. I have DVI port in my monitor. But i am confused how can i get both the results? When i will use comuter then monitor will display system things if i want to use dvd player to watch a movie so that i want to shut down the system.

Thanks in advance.

4.6K Posts

January 29th, 2009 05:00

I have DVI port in my monitor.

I actually guessed that much.  But we also need to know what connections/outputs the DVD player/system has?

On that point - and before we can advise you further... you'll need to clarify, whether you're talking about playing DVD's from a stand-alone DVD player (such as found in a home theatre setup), or from the DVD drive in your PC system/laptop)?

If you mean a stand-alone DVD player... we need to know what connections/outputs it has - i.e. S-Video, composite, VGA, HDMI etc?

If you're referring to using the one in your system... you need to tell us what system you're using, what connections it has (i.e. S-Video, VGA, DVI, HDMI), and what OS you're using :emotion-55:

No Events found!