Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2017 08:00

Can`t open programs, neither download from internet.

I can not open programs, neither download from the internet on My Dell Inspiron 530S,  Vista OS             I have Crome browser installed working well.  Also my installed printer does not appear in "printers". Need help, please. 

May 15th, 2017 07:00

I suggest you to tell me what kind of programs are not working.

Do you face any issues while downloading any .exe files in google chrome browser?  If so please follow my solution, otherwise reply your exact issue.

Some of the browsers like chrome, mozilla will scans the downloaded file for protecting your computer from virus attacks. It may be reason why your downloaded files are removed after the downloading process. To disable the autoscan protection, click the Chrome menu and select Settings.

Then Click "Show advanced settings", under the "Privacy," uncheck the box "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites".

Now download the file from internet again.

8 Posts

May 17th, 2017 15:00

Thanks for your help, I followed your instructions but the problem was not solved.  Then I put the computer in safe mode and download from Norton the Power Eraser program,  the problem was solved and my computer is running fine now.  Thanks again.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 17th, 2017 18:00

Sounds like you had malware. Do you have an anti-malware app running and a firewall too?

You might consider going to spywarehammer.com which is totally free and work with one of their experts to make sure you don't still have any malware that Power Eraser missed.

Read and follow the FAQs at spywarehammer to start a new thread for assistance. Be sure to mention the PC model and your version of Windows. Explain the problem and tell them that Power Eraser helped, so they get a full picture of what's going on with your system.  They are reliable experts at cleaning up malware and, as I said, it's totally free.

No Events found!