Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2014 11:00

/Capture parameter must be an existing path string

Hard drive collapsed and had it replaced. Did a full backup with DataSafe (older version) prior to collapse and repair. Repair installed Windows 7 Professional even though my previous OS was Home Premuim with Windows NT. Downloaded Datasafe Local and tried to restore but the above subject line popped up while using the new DataSafe Local program to restore selective files and programs from separate hard drive. Have all these programs and can't get them back on my desktop. How do I resolve?

I also get the following message "An Unhandled Exception Occured. Apllication will exit."

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Brian Kasen

[ADMIN NOTE: Email ID removed per TOU policy]

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 20th, 2015 06:00

8 Posts

February 18th, 2015 11:00

I'm using an Inspiron 1545 Laptop (Win7 Home x64) and after installing DataSafeLocalBackup_Basic.exe, and rebooting, I see QTtool Lite Command Line Mode error: " /Capture parameter must be an existing path string"

After closing the dialog, a DataSafe error appears: "An Unhandled Exception occurred. Application will exit."  (hidden by the Dell DataSafe 'loading please wait' dialog).

Several re-installations make no difference.

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

Dave.

NB I've tried the same installation with an Inspiron Q17R (N7110) laptop also Win7 Home x64, and there were no problems whatsoever, and the Q17R was successfully factory reset, whereas I've wasted several hours with the other system !.

8 Posts

February 18th, 2015 12:00

Windows DataSafe.exe error details are shown below.

Dave.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        DataSafe.exe
Date:          18/02/2015 20:15:52
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Laptop
Description:
An Unhandled Exception occured.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at SoftThinksControlLibrary.Common.SetStylesFromXml(String xml)
   at DataSafe.Net.HostForm1.LoadStyles(String Style)
   at DataSafe.Net.HostForm1..ctor(String startPage, Int32 TaskPriority, String UserPath, FormConfiguration formConf, RecoveryPartition recoveryPartition, StartInfo startInfo, Thread splashThread)
   at DataSafe.Net.StartHelper.start(StartInfo& startInfo, Thread splashTread)
   at DataSafe.Net.Program.Main(String[] Args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Event Xml:
schemas.microsoft.com/.../event">

0x80000000000000

Application
    Laptop

An Unhandled Exception occured.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at SoftThinksControlLibrary.Common.SetStylesFromXml(String xml)
   at DataSafe.Net.HostForm1.LoadStyles(String Style)
   at DataSafe.Net.HostForm1..ctor(String startPage, Int32 TaskPriority, String UserPath, FormConfiguration formConf, RecoveryPartition recoveryPartition, StartInfo startInfo, Thread splashThread)
   at DataSafe.Net.StartHelper.start(StartInfo& startInfo, Thread splashTread)
   at DataSafe.Net.Program.Main(String[] Args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

8 Posts

February 20th, 2015 07:00

Many thanks - much appreciated.

Dave.

No Events found!