Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

September 6th, 2010 06:00

Catalyst Control Center Problem

I just got a a new XPS 8100 with a Radeon 5450 graphics card.  Everything ran fine for the first few days, but now when I start the computer I get an error message that says "Catalyst Control Center Host Application has Stopped Working" and I cannot open the Catalyst Application. I get this message several times.  The computer seems to be running okay, but I would like to find a fix for this problem. I have downloaded the latest drivers but am a bit hesitant to install them without knowing what is causing the problem. Thanks for any help.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 6th, 2010 08:00

The updated ATI Catalyst Control center and drivers should fix the problem.  That would be the first step.

http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

54 Posts

September 6th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately that did not work. I uninstalled the old version and downloaded and installed the new version from the ATI site and still get the same error message.  I guess it is back to the drawing board.  I am open to any other suggestions.

54 Posts

September 7th, 2010 07:00

Okay it appears that the problem was a corrupt user profile and once I set up a new profile all the problems vanished.

No Events found!