Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2013 16:00

Changing Desktops to removable drives

Hi, 

I have several Dell desktops (745, 755, GX260, T5500, Etc) all Win7 and Server 2008, that have factory hard drives; I want to make them removable drives. In the past

I have special ordered desktops with T-7 units from Dell.

Now, I need to make about 20 desktops removable drive desktops, any ideas, Dell says I can't really add a Dell sponsored caddy / cage.

My other issue is I have to add whole disk encryption to it, TrueCrypt is perfect.

I also have to add USB tape backup unit. Q: does anyone have an USB portable tape backup unit and encrypting the hard drive and tape?

Thanks

Mn19~

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

August 14th, 2013 19:00

I don't know if this will help but Windows 8 supports improved Bit Locker with the capability to force encryption on both internal and external hard drives.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 15th, 2013 06:00

Tape drives are over priced.  For Durable long term backups I would recommend USB external hard drives with SSD's.

h30094.www3.hp.com/.../3631918

McAfee Endpoint Encryption is what used to be Safeboot.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/endpoint-encryption.aspx

McAfee File and Removable Media Protection — Scalable to support a virtually unlimited number of users, McAfee File and Removable Media Protection automatically encrypts files and folders as they are shared or moved through an organization. It prevents unauthorized access to data on PCs, laptops, and network servers; secures information saved on removable devices and media that can connect to enterprise endpoints; and enables users to read, edit, and save encrypted data on USB storage devices, CDs, DVDs and ISO files. Encrypted files can be sent to others with no need for the recipient to install any encryption software.

No Events found!