Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 10th, 2010 15:00

Connecting Dual Monitors to either Crossfire or SLI

Hi Guys

What are the best ways to connect dual monitors to dual video cards?

If this has been answered elsewhere please point me to the location.

I have searched the web, and looked on websites for both ATI & nVidia. I can find plenty of specs, benchmark scores, and technology updates but no simple anwers to how to connect dual monitors to dual cards.

For instance; should you connect one monitor to the top card and one monitor to the bottom card?

Should both monitors be connected to the top card in the chassis?

Since most cards now come with 2 dvi connectors does it matter if you connect to the left or right connector?

ATI's website does not list a manual for the Radeon 5970 and my Alienware Area-51 does not come with a manual for the card either hard copy or PDF.

At one time you could not use SLI mode with dual monitors; is that still the case and is it the same for Crossfire?

Does anyone know if Eyefinity is supported on dual Radeon HD 5870's in Crossfire mode? I know it uses 3 monitors.

If I were going to buy new monitors today to work with the ATI video cards (5870 and 5970) which connectors should I be sure are on the new monitors for best possible results?

Thanks guys for any help you may offer.

Tonyman262

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 10th, 2010 15:00

tonyman262

The best section to post this in, would be the Alienware Owners Club HERE.

Bev.

37 Posts

July 10th, 2010 18:00

shesagordie

Thanks for your response

Why is that a better place to post my questions. While I did mention an Alienware Area-51 my questions are the same regardless of which specific system.

I believe the focus of the questions was dual cards, dual monitors, and then a question about chosing which monitor for a couple of different video cards.

Tony

No Events found!