Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

January 12th, 2010 22:00

Creative SB XF Titanium Sound Card and TactX Headset

The Alienware TactX Headset is not functioning with this Card.  First off the Microphone connector (pink) needs to be input into a blue jack.  When I have the microphone selected from the Creative Audio Control (FlexiJack, Microphone) I hear myself through the speakers and/or the headset earphones.  I have been trying to get this resolved for over a week. I purchased this system  for MMORPGs.  Now I can't voice within  raids.  I have tried the drivers from Creative and spent over 3hrs on the phone with Tech Support with no resolution.

The TactX Headset is supposed to be plug and play and it obviously isn't.  So what do I do now?  I just want my Headset to work properly.  I hear the sounds great I mean it really sounds good, but why will the microphone not work?  To add insult to injury, Windows 7 Troubleshooting says there isn't a microphone connected, and then I tried to get a new driver which i believe addresses the issue (just appeared today) and it tells me I do not have Windows 7 as an operating system.  Major Bummer.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 13th, 2010 03:00

I get, from your post, that you want the speakers (or headphones) to mute when you speak.  That is not the way PC sound systems are designed or work, they do not mute when you speak.  I don't know of any software that will automatically mute the speaker output. 

Most users, because the sound does not mute on the speakers, use headset for just that reason, to minimize feedback problems.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 13th, 2010 10:00

Since this is mainly a game related issue, you should post on the gaming section of the forum, as the gamers may have an answer for you.

Again, the normal operation of a PC sound card hardware is that you hear what you are saying over the mic.  It would have to be a software function in the application that would mute that, if possibile. 

12 Posts

January 13th, 2010 10:00

I apologize if I was not clear, I have been playing MMORPGs for over 2 years now and I have had some of the cheapest headsets out there, I have never heard what I am saying to my party through my Headset, I should b able to hear the game sounds, ambient, combat, music, and what my party members are saying.  Such as if you are using programs like Teamspeak, Ventrilo of In-game Voice chat.  I should not hear every word i say playback to me. It is not working properly.  I do not have the "Listen to" box checked either.  Something is not right.  If anyone out there has and Alienware Aurora ALX with theTactX Headset and you play MMORPGs plz contact me.  Thank You very much.

No Events found!