Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 20th, 2016 09:00

DFS.Agent.WinService, cpu and memory spiked, slow system

I used to be able to run 4 operating systems with mulitple tabs on each at the same time but 2 days ago I noticed the firefox had stopped loading things like the other browsers still do. I opened task manager last night and saw that cpu was 99% memory was in the high 70's and all browsers started slowing down alot.  I did a search and found that dfs agent winservice was one thing so downloaded a fix from dell and that seemed to free up the cpu for a  cpl mins except now two browsers torch and opera seem to be at 49% and 38% while the other browsers using up far less..I am confused to why 2 days ago all these problems just started. I checked for malware and even unistalled and installed the browsers again just to see the same problems. Now after doing nothing it has dropped back down to normal stats where cpu is 43% memory38% and am using the exact same browser on exactly the same things...

October 20th, 2016 10:00

Hello,

Is this problem only occurs with browsers? I think you should clear cache of your browser. If it's still slow, try to open task manager and see which application is taking memory.

Also, it's better if you can take part memory of your PC and do a clean.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 21st, 2016 05:00

The intent of the Dell Foundation Service software is to provide a core set of messaging and support functions to Dell Support. It is not a requirement of the computer and the operating system. Which is why they have stated in other threads to uninstall the Dell Foundation Service software through Control Panel- Programs and Features. If at a later time a user does want Dell Support to help them troubleshoot via remote processes, they will guide the user as to what software they might need to install.

No Events found!