Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2016 08:00

Dell 9020 AIO + Windows 10 = No Brightness Controls

Good Morning,

My department is currently converting to Windows 10. We have several Dell 9020 AIOs in our department, and for the most part, they work well in Windows 10. However, I noticed that the required driver to get the side brightness controls working was never made available under Windows 10. The previous versions for older operating systems don't seem to function, either. I am having to buy screens for some of my users, as they can't handle the screen with full brightness. Can you please explain to me why there isn't an OSD driver for these systems for Windows 10? Is this just an oversight?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 24th, 2016 09:00

Always search for drivers at the Dell Support site first. Dell has customized W 10 drivers for your model here--

www.dell.com/.../drivers

13 Posts

May 24th, 2016 10:00

1 - It's the Dell 9020 AIO, not the Dell 9020.

2 - Yes, they have Windows 10 64-bit drivers, but as far as I can tell, the "Dell On Screen Display Application", which has versions for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1, is completely MIA for Windows 10. I know of no other way to control the brightness of these monitors without this application. I have tried said applications for previous versions of Windows under Windows 10, and they don't work.

To see the missing driver, watch how Applications shrinks from 3 to 2 when you go from 7 / 8 / 8.1 to Windows 10. The Dell On Screen Display Application doesn't have a 10 version.

No Events found!