Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2014 05:00

Dell AC411 Speakers

Hi

I purchased a set of AC411 speakers to go with my new Dell Desktop and the PC cannot find the speakers when you go to connect Devices and Printers.  The speakers are connected by the audio out cable from the PC.  They do however bluetooth to my phone but this is not what I bought them for.  I have read other comments on the forums and tried the suggested remedies of holding down the bluetooth button for 40 to 50 seconds for the PC to recognise the speakers but this still doesn't find them.

Regards

Paul

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 20th, 2014 06:00

Did you ever resolve this?

Per the User's Guide, the AC411 are only supported in Windows 7/8. Open the User's Guide to page 5 and make sure your setup is the same. Did you read through the User's Guide page 6 on pairing? Be sure to turn the volume knob all the way up.

* Turn the AC411 off
* Turn on your computer bluetooth device
* Press the power button on the AC411 remote control
* Press and hold the bluetooth button on the AC411 remote control for two seconds to enable device search
* It should start to blink as it pairs
* It should be on when connected

From a Forum user =
Blue LED is blinking (slowly). Playback devices listed are:
1) Bluetooth Headphones
2) Bluetooth Headset
3) Speakers (Realtek High-def Audio)
The 1st 2 are shown as disconnected. So, I finally just installed the driver that said Bluetooth Headset (after having to hold down the Bluetooth button while opening the "search for devices" function in my control panel). Once installed, I had to click on that device and go through an additional step to check the box that said "listen to music." THAT is what finally connected the speakers to my system.

1 Message

January 8th, 2015 18:00

Chris,

Thanks for the info.

I also have AC 411 speakers (brand new with new XPS Win 8.1).  I can pair the PC and the speakers.  

Two issues:

1. Each night the speakers turn off and therefore unpair.  Is there a way to get them to stay paired?  (the rest of my components on that surge protector do not do this)

2. What is the purpose of the subwoofer cord?  It seems there is a WIRED mode (with subwoofer cord from PC) and a WIRELESS mode (without any such cord).  Is that correct?  The setup pic on page 5 of user manual is not clear that the WIRE is optional so I just want to make sure that these speakers are, indeed, made to be kept wireless.

Look forward to your response.  

Many thx.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 14th, 2015 14:00

I would test the power adapter plugged directly into the wall socket, not on the surge protector. I think you need the cable. Are you saying that the woofer is emitting sound without it connected?

No Events found!