Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2011 23:00

Dell AX510 Soundbar Speakers dont work

I'm using headphones via the jack on the front of the PC because the speakers/soundbar has stopped working.  System is an XPS630 Q6600 with integrated audio.  Soundbar is attached to one of two SP2008WFP monitors.  The light in the middle of the soundbar is on.  How do I determine what the problem is and how to fix it?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 13th, 2011 08:00

The soundbar should be attached to the GREEN speaker jack on the rear of the PC.  Connect headphone to that jack and check for sound.  If you have sound, the PC is working OK and the problem is either in the cable that connects the sound bar to the PC or internally in the soundbar.  

3 Posts

January 12th, 2012 17:00

The jack at the rear of the pc works with the headphones but not the speakerbar.  I read somewhere that there was a known problem with  a sensor at the headphone jack.  If it failed or became stuck then the soundbar jack was disabled.

Any info?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 13th, 2012 03:00

Nothing on that.  It's an Analog Audio signal and as long as a working analog audio device is connected the signal will be there for that device.  If it was a digital type port it may be different.  

As you have the power indicator light (which is not a 100% indication the soundbar is working OK), have you tried a different interconnecting cable? between the PC and the Soiundbar?

No Events found!