Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2008 23:00

Dell Dimension 3100 Diagnostic lights 1 2 4

I have a dell dimension 3100 posting with diagnostic liaghts I certainly have no clue why i am recieving these lights on the unit. It powers up an seems to be working fine, i just finished doing a reinstall of the of XP to SP3 with no problems. I am getting a Green 1 and 2+4 are amber anyone have any idea what that means? or is the system is operating fine? I believe all the lights should be off if everything is happy? I will appreciate any help with this thanks.

5.8K Posts

August 14th, 2008 01:00

Yes, the lights should all be off once the machine is booting the OS.  If the lights are on, then it sounds like the diagnostic lights themselves have a problem.

Peter

29 Posts

August 14th, 2008 15:00

if the pattern was gyyg(g=green,y=amber or yellow) then i was able to identify that the problem is with op... but if its showing 1 as g and 2and 4 as y then there is problem with hard ware...

August 14th, 2008 19:00

Yes i also dont understand it, the lights should be turning off after system turns on anyone have any advice on anything i can run to figure out what is giving me 1green 2amber 3off 4amber. 
No Events found!