Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2012 12:00

Dell Dimension 5150: Sigmatel STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio with no stereo mix!

Hi there. My name is Martin and im new to this community. 

Alright, before sending posts plase read first atleast.

Im having problems with my Dell Dimension 5150 desktop pc. I spend my time playing old retro pc games, working and animating. This computer is like 5 - 6 years old and its still running great. Now i want to record my gameplays and animation and post them on youtube or vimeo. But there's one problem, i cant record the sound and i want 'stereo mix' to be enabled so i can record with audio. Yes, i have tried the LG driver and reghack but still no sucess.

SPECS:

GPU: ATI Radeon X600?

RAM: 1 GB

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.00 Ghz

Audio: Sigmatel STAC 9220 C-Major HD Audio

LG Driver: I installed and the audio was gone! There were no audio devices so i had to install the audio driver to my PC. I didnt know if there were stereo mix option in the recording tab.

Registry Hack (Sigmatel Stereo mix): After the hacking and fixing i rebooted the device. But there were no stereo mix option in the recording tab. Damn it! Why me... WHY! Did not work.

Are there any more help? Why is there device called 'SigmaTel High Defnition Audio CODEC' and what is it? Many says it dosen't work (stereo mix) with this.device. Does it depend on operating systems (Win XP or Win Vista)

Please help, i now this is a very common queston. But please i still dosen't work with me!

- Martin

:(

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 18th, 2012 15:00

I have an E510 which is identical to the 5150.

The on board (on the motherboard) audio is SigmaTel.  You must use the Dell provided SigmaTel driver for proper operation.  In most cases non-Dell either does not work or not work correctly.  We have been through this many times and we have not had a post from a user where a non-Dell driver worked.  The newer IDT drivers do not work either as they are for newer sound chips (IDT purchased SigmaTel about 4 years ago).

Dell SigmaTel driver download for XP

I don't recall the System Mixer function being available.  I installed a SoundBlaster Audigy SE sound card so I could get that function (SoundBlaster calls it "what you hear").

There is a software program "Total Recorder" that is a software version of the System Mixer.  I know several that have used this to get the recording capability.

8 Posts

March 18th, 2012 23:00

Okay, will try it.

Thanks for the first post by the way!

Oh do i have to install a sound card, i dont want to do that.

8 Posts

March 19th, 2012 01:00

I already have that driver.

Total recorder is confusing, it also said i didnt have a playback device!

Problem unsolved.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 19th, 2012 04:00

Total Recorder has worked for many, according to older posts on here back in the XP days.  

As you have hacked the registry with the non-Dell driver, it could be that has caused the problems or at least some of the problems.  

Do you have the SigmaTel set as the playback device in the control panel?  

8 Posts

March 19th, 2012 10:00

Yes, i think.

I hacked with the dell driver BTW (by the way).

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 19th, 2012 11:00

Whichever one, "unhack" it.  

I haven't used Total Recorder myself, as I never had the need for it.  I see it mentioned on other forums as an option.

8 Posts

March 19th, 2012 11:00

when am done "unhacking" it?

8 Posts

March 20th, 2012 23:00

hello?

:(

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 21st, 2012 04:00

If there is no System Mixer available, and Total Recorder will not work for you, your only other alternative is to do what I and others have done install a separate sound card that will do what you want.

We have been through this many times before on other posts back when XP was still the current OS and the two solutions presented are the options.  This is not what you want to hear, but it is reality.

8 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 06:00

^

Sorry i mean sound card.

8 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 06:00

if i do this what will you recommend

i like MIDI too becuase im playing a lot of old games mostly windows and DOS.

1 Message

August 11th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

Not sure if Fireberd or Vu are still looking at this thread but I would appreciate a comment if either of you know about using the 5.10.5208_W3_XP32_XP64_2K_wSTACGUI_UPMIX_AC'97FP_V2.EXE  Intel driver.  There are some old

comments round the internet where people have had success with the driver on a 5150.

The next problem is where to find the software as it is no longer available from Intel and I've had no success in locating it anywhere else.  Any suggestions welcome. - anyone got a private copy?

I have not tried TotalRecorder yet but the Audacity wiki also mentions FreeCorder which no longer works for me

but that's another story.  (Probably too much rubbish accumulated on the 5150, clean install required...)

Thank you

No Events found!