Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2016 15:00

Dell Dimension E310

I have a Dell Dimension E310 that wont boot at all.  My aunt gave it to me when she got a new computer.  It worked fine for a couple weeks.  Today I re did my desk and unplugged it.  When I plugged it in it booted up bout there was no boot screen.  At the same time the motherboard's speaker gave multiple low pitched beeps. I tried turning it on again and it did this again, but not the same amount of beeps.  I opened it ( I have to say that I cleaned it when I first got it) up and everything was fine (motherboard, RAM, hard drive, and power supply).  It has a Intel Pentium HT 64 bit core, 1 gb of RAM, and had Windows XP Pro 32 bit (But now has Windows Vista.  I was going to install Windows Longhorn on it).  Hope someone can give me a way to fix this. :emotion-36: 

January 24th, 2016 17:00

Hi , 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Do you see the Dell logo ? If yes, toggle the caps or num  lock at the Dell logo environment and let us know if the lights respond. 

You can try re-seating the RAM and HD, and also try with 1 memory at a time . 

Also do a power cycle by removing the power cable and hold down the power button for 15 sec and plug back the cable. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards

January 27th, 2016 18:00

Hello

We are still awaiting your reply.

Regards

No Events found!